EUROTHINK – Center for European Strategies is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit and secular think -tank that supports Northern Macedonia’s EU accession and community Europeanization through evidence-based public policy research and development, vocational training and consulting, regional co-operation for changes.
With whom we work, for whom we work
- Decision makers
- Government of a democratic state
- International organizations
- Constructive support for processes, policies, and stakeholders whose action is focused on achieving our vision and mission.
- Achieving program, financial and political independence by further diversifying the financial and program portfolio and increasing the share of revenue from services provided.
- Further professionalise the association based on the principles of integrity, independence from political centres of power and consistency in action.
The vision of EUROTINK is Republic of North Macedonia being a developed, democratic and liberal society based on the principles of justice, equality, freedom and prosperity. We see the process of accession of the Republic to the EU as the best instrument for achieving our vision.
Program areas of action
In the period 2019-2022, the work of EUROTINK – Center for European Strategies is operationalized in four independent programs, which inevitably overlap in certain areas:
- Program „Accession Process to the European Union“
- Regional Integration Program
- Program „Security, Justice and Home Affairs“
- EU for citizens, active citizenship and public interest
Dimitar Nikolovski, Executive Director, EUROTHINK
Dimitar Nikolovski is Executive Director of EUROTHINK. He is a PhD candidate at the Graduate School for Social Research, Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw, where he researches the relations between populist parties and civil society in Southeast Europe. Furthermore, he teaches various subjects, such as Social Movements, Balkan Politics, and Democratisation at the University of Pannonia in Koszeg, Hungary. He has worked for several think-tanks in North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Hungary and has a keen interest in civil society and activism, Alt-Right, countering violent extremism, democratisation, and Europeanisation in Southeast Europe.
Aleksandar Stojanovski, Program and administrative director, EUROTHINK
Aleksandar is a doctoral student at the Faculty of Security at the University “St. Clement of Ohrid”. He studied international criminal law and criminology at the Royal University of Groningen, the Netherlands (postgraduate studies). Alexander is alumnus at the Department of International Relations and Political Science at the American University of Washington, DC, USA. He completed his undergraduate studies at the Faculty of Law “Justinian I” at the University “St. Cyril and Methodius” in Skopje, Macedonia. He began his research career in 2006 at the Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scientists in Washington DC, USA. He is an author and co-author of over a dozen publications in the field of law, security and human rights. He appears as a certified lecturer and consultant in over 10 international organizations active in the field of law and human rights.