3rd Ideas go public Lab – Public Debate: “Succeeding despite…” – the challenges of “young Europeans” in Western Balkan countries, 18 February 2022, Pristina, 11:00-12:30h (CET)
The panel will explore the challenges and prospects of “young Europeans” in Kosovo (and similarities across the Western Balkans region) in the current socio-economic context, existing education system, limited freedom of movement and the COVID-19 pandemic impact. The recent breakthroughs of young Kosovars in the international arena will paradoxically be used to illustrate their (bumpy) road to success helping us unveil the main challenges encountered.
A short clip of internationally awarded Kosovo short movie screening, followed by a discussion around the following questions:
- What mechanisms exist for the participation of young people in Kosovo? What about in other Western Balkan countries? Any best practices? How can they be improved and how can decision-making be made more inclusive for young people?
- How can institutions provide a more favorable environment for young people in Kosovo and support them to achieve their maximum potential?
- What are the top three priority areas that can be improved with immediately available resources? What is the longer-term strategy?
- What role should civil society have? Advocacy? Or direct interventions?
- How can the EU contribute to empowering youth in the Western Balkans, beyond promises of enlargement and demands of youth-friendly strategies?
Mimoza Kusari-Lila, Member of the Parliament of the Republic of Kosovo, The Alternative
Besa Luci, Editor-in-chief, Kosovo 2.0
Eroll Bilibani, Producer/Head, Dokufest, Kosovo
Jehona Gjurgjela, Executive Director, Youth Development Foundation – TOKA, Kosovo
Moderated by Vedran Džihić, Senior Researcher, Austrian Institute for International Affairs (oiip), WB2EU Network
- Venue: Swiss Diamond Hotel, Sheshi Nëna Terezë p.n, Prishtinë 10000
- Live Streaming via YouTube and Facebook
- On-site participants are required to pre-register, wear a mask and display a negative corona certificate (vaccinated, valid PCR test, recovered). Checks will be made upon the entrance.
In cooperation with:
Picture gallery 3rd Ideas go public Lab: “Succeeding despite…” – the challenges of “young Europeans” in Western Balkan countries (Public debate in hybrid format with livestreaming, 18 February)
Panel from left to right: Vedran Džihić, Mimoza Kusari-Lila, Besa Luci, Eroll Bilibani, Jehona Gjurgjela
Photographer: Susan Milford-Faber